On this day in football history - 26th April
Birthdays / Born on this day - 26th April
- 1904 - Jimmy McGrory. Celtic goal-scoring legend.
- 1946 - Alberto Quintano. Chilean defender and partner to the great Elias Figueroa at the 1974 World Cup. Defensive rock for Universidad de Chile and Mexican side Cruz Azul.
- 1949 - Carlos Bianchi. One of the greatest goalscorers in Argentinian football, scoring more than 200 goals for Vélez Sarsfield. And a great record in France for Stade de Reims and Paris Saint-Germain.
- 1961 - Aleksandr Zavarov. Elegant attacking midfielder in the 1980s with the USSR, best known for his time with Dynamo Kyiv, Juventus and Nancy.
- 1972 - Happy birthday Kiko. Atlético Madrid stalwart of the 1990s.
Football Events - 26th April
- 1903 - three Basque students living in Madrid founded Athletic Club de Madrid, later renamed to Club Atlético de Madrid.
Football Photos - 26th April