On this day in football history - 3rd December
Birthdays / Born on this day - 3rd December
- 3rd December 1942 - Pedro Rocha. The Uruguayan playmaker was one of his country's greatest players of the 1960s and 70s, he's best known for his long spells with Peñarol and São Paulo FC.
- 3rd December 1955 - Alberto Tarantini. World Cup winning left back with Argentina in 1978 who then had an eventful spell with Birmingham City. The only thing bigger than his hair was his temper.
- 3rd December 1970 - Christian Karembeu. Born in New Caledonia, Karembeu moved to France aged 17 and went on to play in midfield for Nantes, Sampdoria, Real Madrid, Middlesbrough, Olympiacos, Servette and Bastia. He was part of the starting line-up when France beat Brazil in the final of the 1998 World Cup.
- 3rd December 1982 - Michael Essien was born on the day.
Football Events - 3rd December
- 3rd December 1906 - Torino were formed at the Voigt brewery when FC Torinese formed an alliance with a group of Juventus dissidents and created a new club - Torino FC.
Football Photos - 3rd December