On this day in football history - 8th March
Birthdays / Born on this day - 8th March
- 1887 - Patrick O'Connell.
- 1949 - Teófilo Cubillas. Legend of Peruvian football. Alianza Lima, FC Basel, Porto and Fort Lauderdale Strikers.
- 1956 - Laurie Cunningham. A terrific left-winger who became the 1st Englishman to play for Real Madrid when he moved from that fine West Bromwich Albion side in 1979.
- 1963 - Júlio César. Quick, powerful and elegant on the ball, he was in the team of the tournament at Mexico'86. Best known for his 9 years at Juventus and Borussia Dortmund where he won two Bundesliga titles and the Champions League. Incredibly, he only played 13 times for the Seleção.
- 1967 - John Harkes. The 1st American to win a trophy in England with Sheffield Wednesday's League Cup triumph in 1991.
- 1971 - Kit Symons.
- 1977 - Johann Vogel.
- 1983 - André Santos.
Football Photos - 8th March