On this day in football history - 17th November
Birthdays / Born on this day - 17th November
- 17th November 1973 - Bernd Schneider. Bayer Leverkusen fans rather liked him. Indeed, they liked him so much they called him "der weißer Brasilianer" (the white Brazilian).
- 17th November 1986 - Nani.
Football Events - 17th November
- 17th November 1993 - England travelled to San Marino for a WC qualifier, fully expecting to thrash them. They did, 7:1, but they didn't expect them to take the lead after just 8 seconds.
- 17th November 1993 - Bulgaria shocked France in the 90th minute of their World Cup qualifier. Needing only a draw to qualify for USA '94, and with the match level at 1:1, David Ginola needlessly gave the ball away and Bulgaria broke for Emil Kostadinov to seal a famous victory with his second of the game.
- 17th November 1895 - Flamengo were formed on this day in 1895 as Clube de Regatas do Flamengo (Flamengo Rowing Club) in the Flamengo neighbourhood of Rio de Janeiro.
Football Photos - 17th November