On this day in football history - 19th November
Birthdays / Born on this day - 19th November
- 19th November 1937 - Carlinhos. The Brazilian was a legend for Flamengo as both player and manager. His elegant style earned him the nickname "the Violin" and he was one of few players to get the Belfort Duarte Trophy, a fair play award for never receiving a red card.
- 19th November 1965 - Laurent Blanc. Quality French central defender with a great list of clubs: Montpellier, Napoli, Nimes, Saint-Étienne, Auxerre, Barcelona, Marseille, Inter, Manchester United.
- 19th November 1922 - Rajko Mitic.
- 19th November 1934 - Kurt Hamrin.
Football Events - 19th November
- 19th November 1960 - A 20 year old called Jimmy Greaves became the youngest player in England to reach 100 goals when he scored a hat-trick for Chelsea vs Manchester City.
- 19th November 1969 - Pelé scored his 1000th career goal as Santos beat Vasco da Gama.
Football Photos - 19th November