On this day in football history - 21st October
Birthdays / Born on this day - 21st October
- 21st October 1933 - Francisco "Paco" Gento. Real Madrid and Spain legend. Francisco "Paco" Gento was a lightening-fast left winger, he was one of the greatest players of the 1950s and 1960s. Gento was one of only three players to play in all five European Cup victories of the 1950s (Di Stéfano and Zárraga the others).
- 21st October 1959 - Kevin Sheedy. A sweet left foot and part of that incredible Everton midfield of the 1980s.
- 21st October 1965 - Jon Andoni Goikoetxea. The midfielder was a Don Balón Award winner in 1991 and part of the fabled Barcelona Dream Team.
- 21st October 1967 - Paul Ince. A "big-time Charlie" according to Fergie, but a cracking box-to-box, tenacious midfielder nonetheless.
- 21st October 1948 - Jan Boskamp. Dutch midfielder in the 1960s-80s, winning titles in Holland and Belgium with Feyenoord and RWD Molenbeek.
- 21st October 1981 - Nemanja Vidic.
Football Events - 21st October
Football Photos - 21st October