On this day in football history - 22nd October
Birthdays / Born on this day - 22nd October
- 21st October 1923 - Bert Trautmann. German keeper who settled in England having been captured as a POW in WWII. He spent 15 years with Manchester City and famously helped the club win the 1956 FA Cup final despite breaking his neck during the game!
- 21st October 1929 - Lev Yashin Legendary Russian keeper, a OneClubMan for Dynamo Moscow and the only keeper to win the Ballon d'Or.
- 21st October 1939 - George Cohen. Right-back and a one-club man with Fulham. Cohen was England's vice-captain in 1966 when they won the World Cup, playing in every one of Englan's matches during the tournament.
- 21st October 1949 - Arsene Wenger. Legendary French manager who had 22 years with Arsenal from 1996 to 2018.
- 21st October 1958 - Luizinho. Brazilian central defender who made the team of the tournament at Espana ‘82 World Cup & had 11 years at Atlético Mineiro.
- 21st October 1970 - Winston Bogarde. Dutch defender best known for his time with Sparta Rotterdam, Ajax and Barcelona.
Football Events - 22nd October
Football Photos - 22nd October