On this day in football history - 3rd October
Birthdays / Born on this day - 3rd October
- 3rd October 1942 - Roberto Perfumo. One of Argentina's greatest defenders, he played for Racing, River Plate and Brazilian club Cruzeiro.
- 3rd October 1950 - Andrzej Szarmach. Key player in the golden era of Polish football. Great striker at Auxerre. Owner of a classic Euro-tache.
- 3rd October 1955 - José Daniel Valencia. The attacking midfielder is a club legend of Argentine side Talleres de Córdoba. He's also a World Cup winner, having played on home soil in 1978.
- 3rd October 1981 - Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Not a bad list of teams since the Swedish forward made his debut with Malmö in 1999: Malmö, Ajax, Juventus, Inter, Barcelona, Milan, Paris Saint-Germain, Manchester United, LA Galaxy, Sweden.
- 3rd October 1978 - Claudio Pizarro. Peruvian striker who became a real cult hero of German football after moving there in 1999. Pizarro was still playing in the Bundesliga into his 40s for Werder Bremen, he also played for Bayern Munich and 1. FC Köln.
- 3rd October 1978 - Gerald Asamoah.
- 3rd October 1983 - Fred.
- 3rd October 1984 - Antony la Tallec.
- 3rd October 1986 - Jackson Martínez.
Football Events - 3rd October
Football Photos - 3rd October