On this day in football history - 7th June
Birthdays / Born on this day - 7th June
- 7th June 1923 - Ezra Sued. The Argentinian striker was part of the great Racing Club side of the late 1940s and 1950s which won three consecutive Argentinian Primera División titles.
- 7th June 1938 - Ian St John.
- 7th June 1956 - Antonio Alzamendi. Quality 2nd striker in the 1970s/80s who played for both of Uruguay’s big two, Peñarol and Nacional, but is best known for his time in Argentina with Independiente and River Plate.
- 7th June 1970 - Cafu. Legendary Brazilian, one of the world's greatest right-backs. The only player to have played in three consecutive World Cup finals, winning two of them - 1994 and 2002.
- 7th June 1979 - Kevin Hofland.
Football Events - 7th June
- 7th June 1927 - Roma were formed when three clubs from the city merged together: Roman FC, SS Alba-Audace and Fortitudo-Pro Roma SGS.
- 7th June 1970 - Pelé vs Gordon Banks. Brazil vs Egland. One of the greatest saves of all-time, as one of England's greatest goalkeepers denies one of football's greatest forwards.
Football Photos - 7th June