On this day in football history - 15th October
Birthdays / Born on this day - 15th October
- 15th October 1963 - Stanley Menzo. Keeper with Ajax and the Oranje in the 1980s and 90s. Here he is, holding onto Ruud Gullit's boot.
- 15th October 1952 - Vahid Halilhodžic. One of the greatest Yugoslav players of the 1970s and 1980s, scoring over 100 goals for Velež Mostar before moving to France and bagging 93 goals for Nantes from 1981-86.
- 15th October 1971 - Andy Cole. He scored quite a lot, particularly for Newcastle United and Manchester United.
- 15th October 1966 - Jorge Campos. Mexican keeper from the 1990s. And a part-time striker too. A great era for eccentric keepers, Campos was also renowned for his incredibly colourful shirts.
- 15th October 1955 - José "Pepe" Castro. The Argentine forward was a two-time league winner with Argentinos Juniors in 1984 and 1985, and a Copa Libertadores champion in 1985.
Football Events - 15th October
- 15th October 1887 - Preston North End played Hyde Utd in the FA Cup and won 26 (twenty-six) nil! Wonder what the odds were for over 25.5 goals?
Football Photos - 15th October